What are the completion requirements for GLBEC?
Your high school diploma comes from the district where you're enrolled. 2012 graduates and beyond will graduate under Early College Program Completion Requirements which meet or exceed the 2010 Michigan Graduation Requirements and the Early College District Requirements.

When I complete early college will I receive a high school diploma?
Yes, and much more! Students receive a high school diploma from your district, Certificate of Completion from GLBEC, and an official transcript from SVSU or Delta.

How long can a student stay in GLBEC?
The Early College is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a four-plus-one program. Students remain in GLBEC a year beyond high school to complete the GLBEC program requirements as needed.

Who teaches GLBEC classes?
GLBEC instructors are highly qualified in mathematics, science, social studies, or English. SVSU faculty teaches all SVSU courses, and Delta College faculty teach all Delta College courses.

Does GLBEC have discipline and attendance policies?
Yes. You and your parents receive the policies as part of the enrollment/intake interview process.

What calendar does GLBEC follow?
The Early College calendar is closely aligned with SVSU's academic calendar.

Am I required to take the Michigan Student Test of Educational Progress (M-STEP)?
Yes. Students are required to take the M-STEP from Great Lakes Bay Early College. The Early College will offer the M-STEP on campus for students during the state testing period.

Can I participate in traditional sports and drama in my resident school district?
Yes, however, you will be responsible to arrange your schedule and provide for your transportation.

Can I play college sports?
No. Students can however participate in intramural and club sports.

Is transportation provided for me?
Public transportation bus passes are available in the Office.

Are meals provided?
Yes, starting with the 2017-18 school year we offer free and reduced lunch programs.

Can special education students enroll in GLBEC?
Yes. Special education services are provided to students through the early college and in conjunction with SVSU's Office of Students with Disabilities will receive accommodations.

How will I know if the program is the proper fit and what happens if it isn't?
It's up to you and your parents to decide if the program is right for you. Students who consistently make poor personal choices and/or require strong external controls to moderate their behavior are, in general, not successful in programs of this type. You're required to learn and consistently demonstrate strong life management, emotional, social, and academic skills prior to transitioning to and enrolling in college-level coursework. After a year in the program, if you and your parents decide GLBEC is not the right fit for you, you can "opt-out" of the program. Great Lakes Bay Early College will work with the student, their family, and their resident district to facilitate this process.